Meet Lori Chiaradia, a bartender from Montreal. Her cocktail was conceived as part of romeo’s gin X 2021 campaign for International Women’s Day .
- 2 oz of romeo’s gin X, Fat Washed infused with prosciutto
- 1 oz of dry vermouth, cold-infused with cantaloupe seeds & peels.
- 375 ml (12.5 oz) of romeo’s gin X
- 250 ml (8 oz) of dry vermouth
- 1 small cantaloupe (flesh, seeds & peels)
- 30g of prosciutto
- 100 ml of water
- 2g of sugar
- 2g of salt
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- Coupe or Nick & Nora glass
- Mixing Glass
- Bar Spoon
- Cocktail strainer
- Small pan
- 2 Mason jars
- Vacuum Machine
- Coffee filters
- Parisian spoon
- Tea spoon (optional)
romeo’s gin X, fat washed with prosciutto
- Heat 2 slices of prosciutto (about 30g) over medium heat to melt the fat and create a light coloration.
- Turn off the heat and allow the pan to cool.
- Pour 375 ml of romeo’s gin X into the pan.
- Gently rub the bottom of the frying pan with a spatula to loosen the juices clumping at the bottom.
- Pour everything in a Mason jar, let infuse 24h in the fridge, then put in the freezer.
- When the fat has frozen on top of the mixture, filter the gin with a coffee filter.
Cold infused dry-vermouth with cantaloupe seeds and peels
- Extract all the seeds from a small cantaloupe and take a quarter of its peel.
- In a Mason jar, mix the seeds, the peels and 250 ml (about 8 oz) of dry vermouth.
- Cold-infused, in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Prepare the brine by mixing 100ml of water, 2g of sugar, 2g of salt and 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- Form cantaloupe balls with a Parisian spoon.
- Put the balls in the brine and compress them in a vacuum machine.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice, add prosciutto fat washed gin and cantaloupe infused vermouth.
- Stir with ice, then strain into a Nick & Nora glass or a coupe.
- Decorate with a ball of pickled cantaloupe, with a small tea spoon.