Meet Quinn Taylor, a bartender from Ottawa. Her cocktail creation was conceived as part of romeo’s gin X 2021 campaign for International Women’s Day.
- 1 ½ oz of romeo’s gin X
- 1 oz of Pimm’s
- ¼ oz of mezcal
- ½ oz of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ oz of cinnamon syrup
- 4 pieces of sweet bell pepper
- 4 pieces of pineapple
- 1 pinch of pink peppercorn
- 5 leave sof thai basil
- Garnish: Thaï basil leaf and comestible flower petals (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 small cinnamon sticks, slightly crushed
- 1 oz of overproof rum
- Coupe glass
- Cocktail strainer
- Cocktail sieve
- Small saucepan
- Cocktail skewer
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and crushed cinnamon, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add rum.
- Let steep for 5 hours.
- Fine strain and strain with cheesecloth then store in a glass bottle.
- Let chill.
- Add the pineapple pieces, sweet bell pepper, pink peppercorns and thai basil leaves to the shaker and crush with a pestle.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- With the help of the strainer and the cocktail sieve, double filter in a coupe glass.
- Decorate with thaï basil leaf and comestible flower petals (optional).