Jeffrey Van Horne and his business partner Matt Boyle founded Clever Barkeep on the desire to bring finely crafted cocktails to larger audiences.The Clever Barkeep is Atlantic Canada’s first luxury beverage catering and comprehensive consulting service.
- 1 ½ oz of romeo’s gin
- ¾ oz of Aperol
- ½ oz of guava syrup
- ¾ oz of fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz of aquafaba
- 2 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- ½ cup of guava puree
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Old Fashioned glass
- Cocktail sieve
- Cocktail strainer
- Mix the guava puree, sugar and water in a blender, until obtaining an homogenic mix.
- Keep chilled.
Aquafaba is a vegan substitute for egg white. It is the water found in a can of chickpeas and once strained from the can can be used as a substitute for egg whites.
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Close the shaker tightly and shake without ice to emulsify the cocktail.
- Open the shaker, add ice, close the shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Double strain into an Old Fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with anything that brings you joy, a colourful flower, or herb or even a candy.
By Jason Botkin
Freak Lunchbox by Jason Botkin is the mural behind romeo’s gin edition 07.